Happy Little Turtle
- 1.(a) Happy Little Turtle respects your right to privacy and is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customers and website visitors. We adhere to the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). This policy sets out how we collect and treat your personal information.
- 2.(b) “Personal information” is information we hold which is identifiable as being about you.
2. Collection of personal information
- 1.(a) Happy Little Turtle will, from time to time, receive and store personal information you enter onto our website, provided to us directly or given to us in other forms.
- 2.(b) You may provide basic information such as your name, phone number, address
and email address to enable us to send information, provide updates and process your product or service order. We may collect additional information at other times, including but not limited to, when you provide feedback, when you provide information about your personal or business affairs, change your content or email preference, respond to surveys and/or promotions, provide financial or credit card information, or communicate with our customer support.
- 3.(c) Additionally, we may also collect any other information you provide while interacting with us.
3. How we collect your personal information
4. Use of your personal information
- (a) Happy Little Turtle may use personal information collected from you to provide you with information, updates and our services. We may also make you aware of new and additional products, services and opportunities available to you. We may use your personal information to improve our products and services and better understand your needs.
- (b) Happy Little Turtle may contact you by a variety of measures including, but not limited to telephone, email, sms or mail.
5. Disclosure of your personal information
- 1. (a) We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Personal information is only supplied to a third party when it is required for the delivery of our services.
- 2. (b) We may from time to time need to disclose personal information to comply with a legal requirement, such as a law, regulation, court order, subpoena, warrant, in the course of a legal proceeding or in response to a law enforcement agency request.
- 3. (c) We may also use your personal information to protect the copyright, trademarks, legal rights, property or safety of Happy Little Turtle, www.happylittleturtle.com.au, its customers or third parties.
- 4.(d) Information that we collect may from time to time be stored, processed in or transferred between parties located in countries outside of Australia.
- 5. (e) If there is a change of control in our business or a sale or transfer of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer to the extent permissible at law our user databases, together with any personal information and non-personal information contained in those databases. This information may be disclosed to a potential purchaser under an agreement to maintain confidentiality. We would seek to only disclose information in good faith and where required by any of the above circumstances.
6. Security of your personal information
- 1. (a) Happy Little Turtle is committed to ensuring that the information you provide to us is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
7. Access to your personal information
- 1. (a) You may request details of personal information that we hold about you in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). A small administrative fee may be payable for the provision of information. If you would like a copy of the information, which we hold about you or believe that any information we hold on you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please email us at [email protected]
- 2.(b) We reserve the right to refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act.
8. Complaints about privacy
- (a) If you have any complaints about our privacy practises, please feel free to send in details of your complaints to PO Box 1873, Buderim, Queensland, 4556. We take complaints very seriously and will respond shortly after receiving written notice of your complaint.
1.(a) When you visit our website
When you come to our website (www.happylittleturtle.com.au) we may collect certain information such as browser type, operating system, website visited immediately before coming to our site, etc. This information is used in an aggregated manner to analyse how people use our site, such that we can improve our service.
2. (b) Cookies
3.(c) Third party sites
Our site may from time to time have links to other websites not owned or controlled by us. These links are meant for your convenience only. Links to third party websites do not constitute sponsorship or endorsement or approval of these websites. Please be aware that Happy Little Turtle is not responsible for the privacy practises of other such websites. We encourage our users to be aware, when they leave our website, to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personal identifiable information.
11. Data Protection Law
- Effective Date: 25 May 2018 This policy explains how we comply with laws and regulations in our respective countries and the EU Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC, and from 25 May 2018 the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 (“the PECR”) relating to electronic communications (jointly and severally, ”the Law”).
12. Data Controllers and Data Processors
- If you provide personal data directly to Happy Little Turtle, we are the Data Controller responsible to comply with the legal obligations under GDPR.
13. Scope of The Policy
- Happy Little Turtle takes your privacy very seriously and this Policy has been adopted as it recognises the right of people to keep their personal information private.
By providing Personal Data, including by use of this website, you agree to allow us to contact you, including by mail, email, telephone, messenger or SMS text message, in connection with our company purposes: a. for our legitimate interests, in accordance with current data protection regulations; or b. on the basis of the consents you have given.
14. Links to Other Sites
- This website contains links to other sites that are not owned or controlled by Happy Little Turtle. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every Web site that collects personally identifiable information.
15. Links and Social Media
- This website may also include links to other websites or may provide social media buttons, permitting sharing web content directly to a social media platform, such as Facebook, Messenger Chat, Twitter, WhatsApp, Instagram and YouTube. We do not endorse social media website(s) and have no responsibility for the content unless posted by or approved by us nor are we responsible for the cookies such websites may contain.
Use of such buttons or links is at your own risk and you must verify authenticity of sites before posting or providing personal information on such sites. We do not ask for passwords or personal details on social media. Websites such as Vimeo and YouTube are used to embed videos on the website and service providers such as Many Chat and Google Analytics may send their own cookies via this site. Please look at the cookie and privacy policies on these third-party sites if you want more information about this.
- If you have any queries about our privacy and security practices, please use the contact details found on this website. Copyright Materials published on the internet are protected by copyright law. Apart from fair dealing for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or review, as permitted under the Copyright Act 1968, no part may be reproduced or reused for any commercial purposes whatsoever.
Approved by Signature :
Full Name: N Purton
Date: 15th February 2021